2011 Sendai Earthquake / How To Help: President Obama released a statement earlier announcing that “[t]he United States stands ready to help the Japanese people in this time of great trial.” Below is a list of charities and relief organizations you can donate to in order to help bring aid to those affected by the worst earthquake in Japanese history.
- The American Red Cross has set up a special designation for disaster relief efforts in Japan. To donate, click here, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to instantly donate $10.
- International Medical Corps says it is putting together relief teams and supplies to aid Japan “and other affected countries.” Donate here.
- GlobalGiving’s Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund.
- World Vision’s Disaster Response Fund.
- Click here to donate to AmeriCares’ emergency relief response.
- Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund.
Earlier: TDW’s Breaking News post on the 2011 Sendai earthquake with live updates.
Text REDCROSS to 30333 to donate $10 if you’re in Canada.