Nastia takes a shot of vodka on the today show
well this is adorable
Oh, OP. Let me tell you a few things.
1. Nastia has been a sports correspondent type person with NBC for almost a year. Covering the Olympics is a huge job- basically everyone that does this kind of thing for NBC is in Russia right now. Do you think that Matt Lauer or Meredith Vieira have tons of expertise to offer on winter sports? No, but they’re good on camera. So is Nastia.
2. She’s fluent in English and Russian. I’m willing to bet she’s the only NBC sportsperson who fits that category.
3. She’s incredibly marketable and recognizable, even if she did a summer sport.
4. Since you’re obviously not watching the Olympics, the work that she’s doing is on the fluff pieces they play between events. She’s doing little mini-reports on Russia, Sochi, the culture, etc. So her not being a winter athlete is pretty much irrelevant because she’s not commentating any of the events, but her being Russian is very relevant because she knows the language and culture.
5. Stop hating on a successful woman and enjoy the extra exposure her publicity brings to gymnastics.
Indeed. She knows the culture. She knows the language. Doesn’t matter if she’s not a winter athlete.
Plus, I’m pretty sure I saw Apollo Ono reporting during London Olympics despite him not being a summer olympian. This isn’t unheard of.
The most interesting thing nastia has ever posted on social media 😂
and she confirmed understanding Russian ))
My favorite beam routine from Nastia, ever.
Nastia Liukin- Balance Beam (2008)
Nastia Liukin: 2014 Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular
Honestly things like this just make me love Nastia even more
and the award for the best way to avoid an embarrassing moment goes to
I’ve been working on some poster designs inspired by iconic leotards and memorable performances by gymnasts through history. These are the ones that I’ve come up with so far :)
Let me know if you have any requests, I’d love to do more. I’m also considering making some prints of these!
Page 1 of 25